Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Knitter's Gift Cards

Here is a fun project I have been working on for a friend of mine who is an avid knitter. Mary is a kind soul - she is always knitting something for someone else. It seemed to me she could really use some gift cards to go with her lovely presents. I collected a few knitting related stamps, but the project really took off once I received the knitted background stamps in the Faux Fun stamp set by Waltzingmouse. On some of them (the white heart and the dark blue card) I embossed the knitted background and the texture made it look real! I also purchased (at an incredibly discounted price) a BigZ die of a small square envelope so I have made envelopes to match. (Click on any photos to enlarge.)
 
  
 

9 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Cute idea. Thanks for sharing.

Quietfire said...

These are wonderful Charmaine! That knitted background stamp is a gem!

Anonymous said...

Awesome work; lucky friend!

Diane Young
empressoftheuniverse@shaw.ca

Yogi said...

cute little cards

Art By Wanda said...

Beautiful cards!!!

Melanie said...

Awesome idea. I've been very tempted by that stamp set too... I think I'm going to have to give in...SOON!

okanagan_spirit said...

The cards are wonderful Charmaine and your friend is lucky. That looks like a great stamp set that I could use.

Jane said...

Hi Charmaine.
They are wonderful little cards! Good work!
Cheers,
Jane

Pauline said...

A lovely set of cards, I especially like the little ball of wool, very sweet! Pauline x