Sunday, May 30, 2010

Red, Kraft, Cream and Chocolate

I finally had a chance to participate in Tracy's Holiday Challenge and made the requisite five Christmas cards, plus managed a couple of bonus gift card holders, using an interesting colour scheme of red, kraft, cream and chocolate.

Here are the five:

This challenge is great because I bought this Hero Arts stamp on sale at the end of January and I don't have to wait until next December to use it. I stamped the main image on white glossy in Stazon Timber Brown, then warmed up the colour to cream by brayering Antique Linen Distress Ink overtop. Cranberry Memories ink set the text apart.


The bottom border is a Waltzingmouse stamp. I added some bronze glitter to the swirls in the main image, but am not sure they show up (you can always click on any photo to see it larger):


And here are the gift card holders, which I made from a template by Claire Brennan that is available on Splitcoaststampers:

I hope I can play in Tracy's challenge again next month. Wonder what she'll come up with for June?

4 comments:

Therese said...

Charmaine,

Excellent cards! be sure to leave a comment with a link on Tracy's blog so she can include your cards on her blog at month's end!!

Good on you!!

Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

Tracy.H said...

These turned out great! Thanks for playing along. :0)

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous card, you sure have a jump on Christmas now! Only gotta make, like, 100 more right?

okanagan_spirit said...

The cards are lovely Charmaine, I like that colour combinations.