Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tim Holtz Meets Quietfire Design

It has been a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng while since I have been able to do anything creative due to an incredibly busy work season. However, a week or so ago I made something that brought me a lot of joy, simply because it was made without any preconceived notion as to where I was going with it. This collage wall hanging was the result:

The crow and the music and the lovely scripted Corvidae are from the Crows Unmounted rubber stamp plate from Quietfire Design. The bird cage and flower die cuts are Tim Holtz Alteration dies by Sizzix.

Lately the only thing I have had time to do is make a card here or there as needed (thank yous for staff, mainly) or responses to a challenge if time allows. This was pure joy as I just sat and played without expectation or urgency, and when it was all done, I suddenly knew EXACTLY who was going to receive it. It was just perfect. Love when that happens. 

9 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

It's lovely Charmane. I'm still waiting for the Tim Holtz flower die to be back in stock, it seems to have sold out almost as soon as it was released.

Mary-Beth said...

it's gorgeous Charmaine!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Charmaine! Love those cool blues and that flower is gorgeous! Glad you found some "me" time to do something you love. Your project sure shows it!

Yogi said...

it's a beauty. Glad you had time to play without any constraints. That's always a good thing. renews the spirit.

Art By Wanda said...

This is totally fabulous!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

lizzie said...

beautiful work, as per your usual.

Sandie R said...

Very lovely Charmaine. It is surprising what comes about when our muse is given free rein with no preconceived outcome required.

Quietfire said...

Oh, this is beautiful Charmaine! Simply lovely!

Froggietalks said...

That is a lovely wall hanging Charmaine. The colours are wonderful... and I love the mix of Quietfire and Tim Holtz.