Saturday, May 19, 2012

Birthday Nostalgia


I like cards with unusual folds, especially if they display well, but also fold down into a standard 4.25 X 5.5 inch format. The Z-fold card does this. These can be made horizontally or - as here, vertically. 
I wish I could tell you where I first learned to make these. I think it was Splitcoast Stampers, which is a wonderful online resource.

I used a portion of my Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Box w/Scallop Flap & Flowers  to create the flap for my card. It is convenient when you have a set of rubber stamps that all work well together. All the stamps in this project came from this Inkadinkado Nostalgia clear stamp set:

The Prima Flora paper did the heavy lifting here, all I needed to do was clear emboss Versafine black ink.

The hidden panel in the Z-fold is where the sentiment went, and I put my personal greeting on the back of the card.
One more photo - the side view so you can see how this card stands upright so well. Thanks for visiting today!

1 comment:

Deborah Frings said...

What an unusual fold! I really like that you can play with so many surfaces. This is very elegant and I love the embossed images.