Sunday, January 27, 2013

Birthday Card & Cleverness

Time for another Seize the Birthday Challenge - a feminine card using a sketch:
And here is my card (just noticed a slight dog-ear on the upper right corner - drat!):
The striped paper is by Authentique. Love the colours in that paper pad. I coloured the Waltzingmouse Stamps "Camellia" with Copics and then added a bit of white pencil crayon to soften it.
The die cut is similar to a well known PTI die that I do not own. I decided to try and mimic it with Spellbinders dies that I already have. I cut a Labels Twenty-One nestabilities die first. Then I cut off the side bumps and slid a circle die over one end to create the rounded top. I realize I have since covered up most of the tag shape but hopefully you can see enough to get the drift. I think I pulled it off and it really was not difficult. I am feeling very frugal and thrifty. :-)

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours you've used on this card, the camellia is just so pretty! I think your "PTI" die is just brilliant!

Lauren said...

This is such a vibrant card, the colours really stood out for me and I love the flower.

Rose said...

this is so beautiful!! i am going to have to make some belated ones as i am always late in sending them! :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Inkyfingers said...

I love the colours in this card, Charmaine and the focal flower is lovely. Great take on the sketch.