Saturday, December 28, 2013

Life is better...

 ... on the river! Or so my friend thinks. She has a lovely get-away cabin on a beautiful piece of property on the Cowichan River in British Columbia. So I took the basic idea of the jingle bell vinyl project and morphed it into this year-round wall decor item.
The sentiment is an eCut file from the Silhouette America online store. The rocks are from Michaels (check where they sell vases) and the patterned paper in the background was also from there. I thought it looked a bit like pebbles underwater. 
I will admit my placement was slightly off on the layout of the vinyl, so I added a period to the saying to balance it out horizontally within the frame. The file does not come with punctuation - so I went low tech and used my single hole punch to add that item. It made for a nice, personal Christmas gift!

1 comment:

Therese said...

Great project!! Very nicely done!
Gotta love having a Silhouette!!

Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca