Friday, April 25, 2014

El's Peel-offs

Here is a fun card that uses some products from Elizabeth Craft Designs. My local stamp store (Stampers! in Victoria, BC) carries a lot of these things and often demonstrates how to use them. After a recent demo I was inspired to re-visit these techniques.


The black outline is a mylar sticker that I placed on double sided tape that was affixed to white card stock. Then I sprinkled clear glitter over and burnished into the adhesive. I then coloured in the image with (mostly) Distress Ink markers.

The pink iridescent reflective frame is a layer of pink iris Shimmer Sheetz, which is metallic mylar. I used a Cuttlebug Lacy Labels embossing folder to pressure emboss the design, then sanded the high points and fussy cut the outer edges. The inner oval area framed the glittery lady quite nicely. I mounted all on black glossy cardstock, then a layer of pink iris, and then a white card base. Decorative die cut corners on the black layer allowed more of the pink opal Shimmer Sheetz to peek through.
 
I am entering this in:
Crafting by designs - Use (a) flower(s) (Tulips in the corners)
 
It was a fun card to make using some tried and true techniques that I haven't played with for awhile. If any of this seems new to you, be sure to visit the Elizabeth Crafts website. There are lots of videos and great inspiration there and on their blog. Happy crafting!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card! Your embossed frame is fabulous and the pink flourishes look great on the black. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Deepti said...

This looks so artsy and elegant :) I love the shimmer sheets u used. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Shirley said...

Charmaine, she is just lovely! I love the corner dies too. One of my faves! The colors are wonderful. Very very pretty!

Sher said...

So pretty! Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafting By Designs April Showers Challenge.
Hugs, Sharon/DT