Sunday, August 17, 2014

Watercoloured Camellias

The thank you card stash is getting low, so I thought I would try a simple watercoloured card using one of my favourite Waltzingmouse Stamps sets: Camellia.

I stamped and clear embossed the blooms all over white Tim Holtz watercolour card stock, washed them in water and then used Distress Ink reinkers to paint them in. Just used Worn Lipstick and Dried Marigold. The background was Antique Linen. I had planned to iron off the embossing, but decided I liked the contrast of the shiny white against the matte colour.

I dusted off an old Spellbinders Ribbon Slider die to cut a frame for a sentiment from the same set, stamped in Adirondack Mountain Rose ink. Some peach and white ribbon and foam tape to lift the panel off the pink and geranium back panels and we're done! I am entering this in the Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge to use markers, paint or other colouring mediums.

Tomorrow is Monday. Someone mentioned online that their full-time work is impeding their part-time creativity. I can relate! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh Charmaine, this is absolutely fabulous. I love the beautiful flowers, the pretty colours and the lovely ribbon treatment. We really do appreciate your continued support of Waltzingmouse Fanatics!

Unknown said...

Hi, Love your idea of the design as a backgound, I love to use the Waltzingmouse Stamps as backgrounds, there are so many versatile stamps in a set. My full time work is 7 days a week farming alpacas, so craft time is very special.
Kathy x

Tara Cardwell said...

I like the shiny vs mat too - great contrast. The overall effect of the card is stunning.
Tara
x

Unknown said...

Beauriful Charmaine, the flowers look like they are glowing! Hope it's ok if I pin this!