Saturday, June 11, 2016

Summer of Creativity Week 2

In week two Tim Holtz challenged us to do some Stamping With Stains. I decided to do a few practice tags first, which were not amazing, but I will share here anyways. The first was using 3 or 4 colours of Distress Stains.  I forgot to wet the tag first and I forgot to ink around the edges. Oh well.


The next one was a Marbled Stains technique. I found Archival Ink really was not stamping overtop of the Picket Fence Stain very well, so I ended up using Verafine Black, which worked a treat. I remembered to go around the edge this time, using Salty Ocean Distress Ink.

And using the Marbled Stains technique, I created the background for this card:

I used a Stamp in the Hand pear and a Stampington & Co. sketchy cheesecloth stamp for a base. The gold on the pear is Delicata Gold ink applied here and there as the black was a bit flat and stark.







No comments: