Monday, August 7, 2017

Copper Christmas for August

Here is my Christmas card for the August challenge at Sylvia Durocher's blog. This month the inspiration prompts are copper and square. I have a roll of 36 gauge copper metal sheet, so I decided to get literal. This is a 5 inch square card.


I used a Dreamweaver's Stencil to emboss the wreath in my Cuttlebug, then used ball and cup metalworking tools to further enhance the relief. I sanded across the top to get a bit of contrast on the berries and bow.

The stencil includes a script Season's Greetings saying and I sponged Celestial Copper Delicata ink through the stencil to create a bit of a background, which I promptly covered up with layers of matting. The copper square mat is actually tan cardstock that I coated with the same Copper Delicata stamp pad to coordinate. The ink is rich and radiant - just like its label says! I had some brass corners to cover the sharp corners of the metal square and I antiqued them with Black StazOn ink. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Ivana Camdzic said...

Hi Charmaine! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the kind words! I am so glad to be back too and I want to apologize for not reaching out sooner! I've had a glitch with my comments but it is all fixed now and I am so humbled to read your kind words! I just want to say thank you so much for visiting and for the support! It means so much to me!! Also, your work is beautiful!! This copper card is STUNNING!! What a clever idea. I think I might have to get me some copper sheets! lol