Sunday, February 14, 2010

Vintage Flowers

I was looking for a way to use these flowers that I made from vintage music scores. I made this Valentine's Card for a friend and her husband. Kate is an avid cook, so I thought the saying was appropos.

To make the flowers, I punched scalloped circles out of the music scores and aged them further with Distress Inks. Then I stacked them, punched a hole in the middle and inserted a vintage brass brad. I was able to give this card to Kate in person. I did not get one Valentine card in the mail this year - which I feel bad about. However, I have a few stockpiled for next year now. :-)

1 comment:

Yogi said...

very nice. Interesting my DT card today is using scalloped circles to make flowers too. Yours are beautiful.
Love that quote. Your friend should have gotten a chuckle with that.