Monday, March 22, 2010

Easter Easel Card

Easel cards are fun. One thing I dislike about cards that are heavy with layers and embellishments - they tend to tip over. With the easel card structure, that won't happen. I used the lovely template and instructions provided by Penny Wessenauer.

I must confess after stamping for almost 20 years, it feels like cheating to use designer papers in something other than scrapbooks. For so many years stampers had to create their own backgrounds, and now the work is done for us! This paper is from a 7 Gypsies Nottinghill 6 inch square pad. I cut a 5.5 square panel. The main image is a Stampin' Up! stamp, and I like how the butterfly echoes the one in the pre-printed paper. I layered a second butterfly that was stamped on acetate and backed with glitter over the main image one. I left the wings free to flap a bit.

I used a clear button backed with more designer paper to serve as the stopper so the card front remains upright. A Spellbinders Fancy Tag was threaded with a ribbon and stamped with a Waltzingmouse sentiment.
Thanks for stopping by today. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Tolegranny said...

Very very pretty. I love easel cards as well.

SherylH said...

Beautiful Easter cards, Charmaine! I think though the butterfly one is my favorite - great colours and use of acetate overlay. I am going to have to try the clear button/background paper for the stop on an easel card.

Pauline said...

Lovely effect with the acetate butterfly. Px