Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!

Yesterday we had a freak little mini blizzard that shut down the roads for a bit - so I called a snow day and told my staff to stay home. This meant I got a bonus day to play with some stamps!

I made this Side Step Card. I got the directions here from Julie Davison. The cupcakes are gold peel off outline stickers and I laid them on double-sided tape, then sprinkled clear glitter over all. I coloured the glitter with Bic Permanent Markers. The flourish is a Tim Holtz die and the flowers are Cuttlebug dies. I gave the stem and flowers the same glitter treatment. I gold embossed the Stampin' Up! sentiment.

I had a few extra cupcakes so I got out the Waltzingmouse Frame It set of stamps and put together these two bonus cards.


The snow day could not be stretched to two, alas, but I was pleased to have something to show for my day off! I have entered this in Meredith's week-long Blog Birthday Challenge.

8 comments:

Kim said...

These are so beautiful! I can only imagine how pretty and sparkly they are in real life!!!
:)
Kim P.

SherylH said...

Beautiful cards Charmaine! I am not into cupcake stamps but these stickers and your technique would be great to use.

Sandie R said...

Scrumptious looking cards. Like the side step one for a different fold.Was it Glitter Ritz Micro fine glitter that you used. I didn't know you could colour over it with markers.

Charmaine Stack said...

Yes, Sandie, it is the Glitter Ritz Microfine Glitter, and yes, you can colour over it with permanent markers like Bic or Copic.

Passionforstamping said...

Your glitter cards are gorgeous!

Meredith said...

Charmaine, these are so cute!! The embossing looks wonderful! Thank you so much for playing with my Blog Birthday Challenges!

Colleen said...

Found your blog thru the Canadian Blog Hop. You do amazing work. I am a new follower. Check out the step card on my blog.
Cheers Colleen
www.cricutlass.blogspot.com

Pauline said...

Love these cupcake peeloffs, they look scrumptious!