Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just a little Easter something...

Here's a photo of a very simple little sentiment that I affixed to these mini potted plants for my co-workers. I used Waltzingmouse Stamps for the outline and sentiment, and Spellbinders Nestabilities dies to cut out the cardstock. A little glitter gel pen around the edge and I was done!

Happy Easter!

I made this card using a free template provided by Quietfire Designs here. I created the texture using a new (to me) Cuttlebug folder from the set called Once Upon A Princess. I embossed a rose coloured sheet of cardstock and sanded the rose buds lightly. Then I pounced Versamark ink pad over all and embossed with fine white embossing powder. I think I should have swiped in order to get just the raised flowers, but it still looks good. The Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder and a Stampin' Up! scalloped punch furnished the tail. A velvet riboon with some SU! hodgepodge hardware for bling finished it off.

Suzanne at Quietfire Designs wants to see what you can do with this bunny, but today is the deadline. Hope you can join the fun!

Oh, and along with the card, here is what I put together for my daughter for Easter (inspired by an Internet cartoon):

Sunday, April 10, 2011

WMS Sketch Challenge #42

It has been a good weekend. I have spent my time reading crafting books from the library and working on cards. Love it! I was supposed to be filing taxes, but I guess there is always tomorrow. How can you blame me?

Finally have had a chance to play in the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. This is a weekly challenge but I don't seem to get around to it as often as I'd like.

Here's the sketch:

I used the opportunity to create one more birthday card. One can never have too many in one's stash! Our weather has been dreary and cold, so I think I was trying to urge spring along with this one.

I Cuttlebug embossed the top and lower portions of the designer paper using two different folders. I recently acquired the new Spellbinders banner dies and found a Waltzingmouse sentiment to fit. These stamps are polymer so I was able to curve the words to follow the banner.  The butterfly was stamped on acetate twice and cut out. I used double sided tape to apply three colours of glitter to the back of the images, and left the wings loose on the topmost butterfly. I created a narrow border around the panel with the same tape and applied lilac glitter and burnished it into the tape; a nice subtle border with a bit of pizzazz.

Thanks for visiting! Hope your weekend was just as fun as mine!

Quietfire Mojo

The Mojo Monday 185 upload window is closing and after fussing about with this week's sketch, I am determined to get my entry in!  The sketch overwhelmed me, there were so many elements, but I think I managed to cover everything, though I did flip the layout.

Here's the sketch:

Quietfire Design has lovely calligraphic quotes and this one looks great embossed in copper. It perfectly matched the metallic cardstock I used to die cut the Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Accents. The lady is an Oxford Impressions image stamped in Archival Ink; the wee tea cup is from Waltzingmouse Stamps. Three blue Swarovski crystals were heat set in place to finish things off.

Quietfire Style Blog is having a blog post showcase. Suzanne is looking for new design team members, too, so if you are so inclined, post a link to your blog; she just might call you!