Thursday, December 8, 2011

Labels and Tags for a Good Cause

Today was a fun day! My department hosted the December Monthly Celebration (communal coffee break) at work and we held a baking day to prepare for it. We baked so many goodies (10 or 11 recipes) that we had enough excess to make up five Incredible, Edible Gift Baskets to have as door prizes. We collected Twoonies (the Canadian $2 coin) and gave out draw tickets. All the money ($132) will be going to a local food bank.

I used a number of Waltzingmouse Stamps to create labels and tags. I covered a bottle of wine with a sleeve and a Labels 21 die cut from gold mirror card. Very luxe. Then I added a label made from one of my newer Irish purchases, the Seasonal Remedies set. For the items above, I was greatly inspired by a WMS design team member, Laurie Schmidlin, and her sweet gift set pictured here.

Homemade Raspberry Jam
For this wee jam jar, the sentiment (also from Seasonal Remedies) was embossed in silver, as was the holly medallion stamped from the Around Christmastime set.
The jam and homemade "Rainforest Crisps" packaged for a draw.

Santa (also from Around Christmastime) is featured on this large tag made with the 2010 Heirloom Ornaments Spellbinders die. I embossed the fellow in gold. I dusted off my EZ Bowmaker to create the gold wired ribbon bow.

Wine bottle stands upright in this gold star-shaped wire basket with sleeves of cookies in each of the star points.

Closeup of the fun label for the wine.
Below you can see one of two coiled wire baskets we filled with my personal fave. The simple label is created with Majestic Blue Versafine using a stamp from the Rescue Remedies set.

Homemade Almond Roca - the best!

It was a fun day with my staff making the goodies, and then a fun, fast half hour break with our colleagues to enjoy the fruits of our labours. A nice way to usher in the Christmas season, raise money for charity, and play with my stamps!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

A great day indeed. I love your blog about the creative side of things. The baskets where amazing!!!!

Francine said...

I want some.......... LOL! Your goodies look even more tempting with those gorgeous tags Charmaine... What a great idea!!!

Nancy said...

What a fun thing to do and for a good cause :) Everything looks beautiful!

Roxy said...

Wow, these tags look incredible, Charmaine!!!

Unknown said...

oh woW!! THESE ARE GORGEOUS CHARMAINE!!!

Deborah Frings said...

Charmaine - these are wonderful! I particularly like the last tag in the blue - it's truly beautiful!