Thursday, December 5, 2013

A Belated Quietfire Thanksgiving

Hello, my poor, neglected blog readers! I hope if you are American that you had a lovely Thanksgiving. In Canada, we have our turkey in October. I sent a few autumnal cards off to my relatives and friends in the USA. For the ones I am sharing today, I used Quietfire Design stamps and cut files. This first card is made using the Burnished Velvet technique. The entire card front is covered in glitter and rubbed smooth (burnished) so it is smooth as velvet, but very glittery. The "Autumn" is a Quietfire cut file from the Silhouette store and the leaves are also from the online store. I applied wide Sookwang tape to the card front and ran it through the Silhouette Cameo to cut only the top layer of the tape's protective sheet.


Then I peeled back sections and sprinkled on the glitter to get the various colours. The top photo shows the glitter well.


This photo shows where I used a couple of different colours of glitter on the leaves. The true colour of this card lies somewhere between these two photos.

This second card is made using a Quietfire quote stamp and a companion pumpkin motif. I used Versafine Vintage Sepia ink and coloured with Copics.


On the inside of the card, I cut out the Quietfire pumpkin cut file in orange vellum and layered it over the stamped Happy Thanksgiving greeting.


I was in Phoenix just before the US Thanksgiving, and managed to get a manicure. I chose a coppery orange to keep with the season. The gal painted a flower on my ring finger. The manicure is long gone, just like Thanksgiving, but I hope you enjoyed this little catch up post!

No comments: