Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Sleigh Bells Ring

Merry Christmas! Here are the cards I made to go with my framed Jingle Bells for my staff this year. Fourteen tiny reindeer, plus seven more for the matching envelopes. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy using my Silhouette Cameo? The card is a Samantha Walker file from the Silhouette America online store.

I glittered the lead reindeer's nose red, which shows up better on the green versions. The cover "Sleigh Bells" saying is a Waltzingmouse Stamps design and I stamped that in Delicata Golden Glitz pigment ink for shine. The second panel is the same Kerry Bradford design that I used on the shadow boxes, and the Santa image is an Echo Park design also from the Silhouette America online store. I inked the antkers with a gold Krylon pen.



Look at the matching envelope. It was a bit of a snug fit for the card, but it did work. It is all one piece, the reindeer is the bottom flap folded up, but I added a gold reindeer piece over top as I wanted the reindeer to stand out from the background paper. To glue that flap down, I relied on my favourite adhesive for intricate die cuts.

Lay item face side UP onto the sticky adhesive sheet.
Place protective liner over top and burnish (rub) the item to adhere the sticky glue microdots to the back.

I liked the variety of the papers with the same gold reindeer on each flap. 

 
In hindsight, I think I would prefer tiny googly eyes for the reindeer instead of the cut hole, but still I marvel at how the Cameo can cut such a tiny perfect round hole! Hope you are enjoying today with friends and family. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Melanie Smith said...

Thanks for sharing this link on the Cameo site. I just got a cameo for Christmas and have never heard of this product.