Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Christmas in July

I tried my hand at some watercolour with this spectacular pine wreath stamp (Pine Burst) from Penny Black. I overdid it and was feeling sort of meh about it. Then I had the brainwave to layer vellum overtop to soften the look and ended up liking it much more.

After stitching the vellum down, I created a JOY stencil cut on my Silhouette Cameo and brushed clear Wink of Stella glitter over it (which I doubt you can see). I dotted the berries in the wreath with red gel pen on top of the vellum to highlight it a bit.

In the end it is a card saved, but I don't think I can keep hiding my watercolour efforts under vellum. Need to practice more and try to get better! This is for Sylvia Durocher's Christmas Card Challenge. The month of July requires a circle and the colour white. Check and Check! 

No comments: